DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (Advise required)

Semi

進階會員
已加入
6/27/05
訊息
互動分數
點數
Ok, I am using the English section because I'm too lazy to type Chinese now after all the time I've wasted on the DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert.

Here's my problem, I have an ASUS A8N-E NF4 Ultra motherboard right now with a Athlon64 X2 4800+, I am trying to overclock it to 2.7Ghz, however, it will become a little unstable if both cores are running at maximum, for example, if I run SP2004 (or Prime 2004), if I only pick core 0, it can run the stress test without any error, however, if I open up another SP2004, and run it with core 1, after about 4~11 minutes, the error will kick in with "Hardware failure" stuff on it.

I have even loosen the timing on the RAM and everything, even had it running 333Mhz, still comes out with the error, I want to try bumping up the vcore voltage, however, A8N-E's maximum is 1.520v.

That's why I bought the DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert, but it won't even power up the PC, the standby LED is on, but everytime when I hit the power button, the 4 LEDs on the bottom left and all the fans turns on for that quick second, then it just powers off again.

Now, I have done quite a few researchs on the website, and it appears that DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert is a very picky motherboard, so my question is, which of my componets do you think that's causing the "Not powering up" problem on this motherboard?

Here's my PC's spec:
Athlon64 X2 4800+ @ 2.7Ghz * 1.520v
ASUS A8N-E nForce4 Ultra
OCZ Platinum EL PC3200 1GB 2X512MB
Antec Smart Power 2.0 450w PSU

As far as I can tell, it's probably the power supply, but I am worried that my OCZ ram may be the cause as well.

Any suggestion/solution would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

vincent.chang

發好人卡的壞人
已加入
4/21/06
訊息
互動分數
點數
年齡
Have you been entring the BIOS,and Loading Default Value of the BIOS before you changed the motherboard?
I think that's a problem,cause you was changed the motherboard.
I don't think so the setiing will be compatible of different motherboards.

I'll be suggest you trying to reinstall the operating system,cause you was changed the motherboard.It's will be clean of the system setting.

You can trying to leave the VGA cards,Processor and memory only.
pulled the other device at first, and try again.

Sorry, I am poored in English,I hope that will be help you.

Semi

進階會員
已加入
6/27/05
訊息
互動分數
點數
Thanks for the help, but my point is, it's not even starting up, as in "power on", it's not even doing that, how can I even get into BIOS?

Besides, the BIOS settings remains on the A8N-E motherboard and not on the DFI motherboard, so supposely on the DFI motherboard, as soon as it starts up, it should run the default settings.

kawakami

初級會員
已加入
3/10/05
訊息
互動分數
點數
CMOS Clearing

Please clear CMOS first. If you don't know how to clear CMOS, move away the battery temporary(10 mins). Try booting the computer, if there is no POST screen, the BIOS might have been dead.

authenticamd

榮譽會員
已加入
11/3/05
訊息
互動分數
點數
I had same situations but after carefully check, it was due to the CPU heat sink not being well mounted onto the CPU.

Semi

進階會員
已加入
6/27/05
訊息
互動分數
點數
I had same situations but after carefully check, it was due to the CPU heat sink not being well mounted onto the CPU.

That's an odd problem, in any case, I have tried clear cmos, and I even tried safe boot, I tried my other CPU with stock fan which should definately mounted onto the CPU well enough, still the same result.

I guess it's still the PSU eh? :\

狂少

Bulletproof Themer
已加入
9/18/03
訊息
互動分數
點數
definitely PSU problem , the antec smart power 450 has been causing unbeliveable headache for several technical issu I experienced.
the primary rails are all problematic somehow. ;)

Semi

進階會員
已加入
6/27/05
訊息
互動分數
點數
Thanks! :D finally, some definate answer, by the way, do you think my OCZ Platinum EL PC3200 1GB 2X512MB will be compatiable with this motherboard?

PS: I am planing to buy the Antec TruePower Trio TP3-650 650Watt PSU, do you think it'll work with the motherboard? I did a little search on the website, and it seems to work (at least according to the website), the website's at http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

狂少

Bulletproof Themer
已加入
9/18/03
訊息
互動分數
點數
Thanks! :D finally, some definate answer, by the way, do you think my OCZ Platinum EL PC3200 1GB 2X512MB will be compatiable with this motherboard?

PS: I am planing to buy the Antec TruePower Trio TP3-650 650Watt PSU, do you think it'll work with the motherboard? I did a little search on the website, and it seems to work (at least according to the website), the website's at http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

Well, First of all, Do NOT get any Antec please, that power is really NOT a decent power compare with PC P&C , zippy or even silverStone. PSU is the most important element of all your hardware. The better power you have, the more solid system you will own.

OCZ EL Plat?. Not a bad choice. Just have pay attention to the DS/DDS. That would take care of all the tweaking you would like to do.

Good Luck.:)

Semi

進階會員
已加入
6/27/05
訊息
互動分數
點數
After I installed the brand new SilverStone Strider ST60F 600W, the motherboard worked, however, I am going to go back to the store where I got it from and do an exchange, sadly, I must say "I failed it", I'm just not expert enough to own that motherboard, I can't even have it run stable at 2645Mhz, which on my A8N-E motherboard, I can have it run at the same speed without giving me any error.

I am planing to go back and exchange for a ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, which the overclocking part in the BIOS is exactly the same as my A8N-E motherboard, which I should have no problem have it running at 2.7Ghz too.

My rig seems to be running alot more stable with the SilverStone Strider ST60F 600W under 2.7Ghz than my old Antec Smart power 2.0 450W, so I am going to keep this power supply for sure :P

Again, I thank everyone for helping me out, but this DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert is just so not for me. xP

▌延伸閱讀