Posted: May 3 2004, 07:34 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 16-March 04
it had been a long time i involve in bios modding... and i would like to retired now..
I had achieve my main mission on bios modding that to fix the multiplier issue on NF7-S rev2.0..
i will pass you some trick how to mod the nf7s bios:
i will write it down here.. hopefully some 1 will pick it up
- Open the bios file with awdbedit
- extract the system bios file
- edit with hex editor tools
- search for romsip table (address: 0000b300h - 0000b90h )
- u will see there is 6 table here
- change the value with :
6Y AX 3A 02 to ---> 4Y 2X 00 00(multi workin again)
68 A4 3A 02 to ---> 48 24 00 00(multi workin again)
(Y,X = can be any number..... and it is not y or x on actual bios
so if it is 61 -> 41 if 68 -> 48)
- then save the modded system bios file
- put it back in with Hack version of modbin 6
Originally posted by enduracell
Here it is.
Tictac should we replace the 6x Ax CA 02 to ---> 4x 2x 00 00 too???
Thanks for sharing ur the man.
sh*t still don't got my mobo back. I wish I could test ur new BIOSs
yes change that to ...... change it as 4X 2X 00 00
u get me enduracell... nice
now when u done modding the system bios files.
Rename it to Original.bin
u need to put it back in this is the trick part of all job... we need a hack version of Modbin...
Here i give all of u the tool.....
Special Thanks to Lovelust from Korea for modding this tools
Put Original bios file(512Kb) in same folder with this Hack Modbin tools
let say in folder c:/modbin
Modding bios with this method only work with Windows 98
- click run
- type command.com
- cd modbin
- type modbin
- choose the bios file (exp: NF7D_23.BIN)
- modbin will hang while loading....Hit enter 14 times (then modbin menu will appear)
- Press escape and exit
- Now re-run the program back
- type modbin
- and choose the bios file all over again (exp: NF7D_23.BIN)
- then modbin will hang while loading... hit 13times
- now change the original temp file with your modded system bios file(128KB)
(rename the system bios file to original.bin before u do copy paste job)
- when done... hit .... modbin menu will appear
- then save the bios file.... hit again about 14 times also
until modbin save the bios file completely
- u r done now with the mod
GOOD LUCK GUYS.... this is the trick....
I officially retired from bios modding job now...
||| ||| :MMM: :MMM: